On September 30, 2020 at approximately 6:00 p.m. Deputies from the Labette Co. Sheriff's Office conducted a traffic stop on a Denice D. Perritt, Chetopa Ks. During the traffic stop a Labette Co. K-9 officer arrived and walked his K-9 around the exterior of the car, during time the K-9 indicated the presents of illegal narcotics in the vehicle.
During the search of the vehicle deputies seized 16 grams of suspected methamphetamines, marijuana, numerous prescription pills and paraphernalia.
Denice Perritt is currently being held at the Labette County Jail, and is being charged with the following crimes.
- Possession with the intent to distribute methamphetamines < 100 grams
- Distribute marijuana; <25 grams
- Possession of depressant
- Aggravated endangering a child; expose to manufacture/sale of methamphetamines
- Child passenger safety; Restraining systems & seat belt
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- No drug tax stamp.
Perritt is presumed innocent until proven guilty